These are delightfully chewy, buttery cookies, and very quick to make. Even after a couple of days, their texture is still good.
Baking temperature and time: 400°F for 8-10 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To coat the cookies:
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together; add the eggs and beat them in.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend. You can chill the dough or make the cookies immediately.
- Roll the dough into small balls and roll each one in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, bake the cookies at 400°F for 8-10 minutes