It’s peach season! What to do with all those fresh peaches (courtesy of my parents’ fruit trees)?
I looked up peaches in the indices of some of my cookbooks to get some ideas, and I settled on King Arthur Flour’s peach clafouti.
Baking temperature and time: 375°F, 35-40 minutes
- 3 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter a round, 10-inch oven safe pan or skillet (I used a deep pie dish).
- Line the bottom of the pan with peaches and sprinkle the brown sugar over them.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Blend thoroughly, and then gradually whisk in the flour mixture, smoothing out the lumps.
- Pour the mixture over the fruit and bake for 35-40 minutes until a cake tester inserted into the clafouti comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. I would allow it at least and hour and a half to cool and set.